Thursday, September 12, 2013

College Life.

College to other kids...to most kids is a way to get far from their parents, and gives them a place to party. For me, that's not the case. I came to college not intending on partying, and still living at home. So, what was college for me? I thought it was the next step in life. That after High School, the next thing you do is go to College. People talk about it all the time. They say how hard it is, and how it's an experience like no other. Don't get me wrong, I've only been here for 3 weeks...but what I can say from those three weeks is that the struggles I thought I'd be having are nothing compared to the real thing. I thought my worries would consist of: Stress, Schedule Confusion, Time Managment, and New people. Trust me all of those have and will most likely continue to be some of my struggles. But there are things I did anticipate. Things like learning the library, teaching myself math, and staying awake in class. In my first three weeks I have succussfully forgotten names, people watched, Facebooked people (instead of actuallly making friends), found the busines lab, and had a very uncomfortable car ride experience...not to mention the nude profile picture incident. I know that new struggles will apear as I furthur my JSC adventure. I just hope I make it out of this a licensed teacher, so that I can say and mean it when I do that "It was ALL worth it." I have no idea what the future holds, other then the 4 page essay, 1st draft outline, and seemingly undoable math packet due next week. SO, there ya go folks...the life of a College Freshman.

No comments:

Post a Comment